Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Responsible for the development of Reporting and Analytics tools to support the driving of more accurate and profitable business decisions. Develop and support customer facing reporting and insight to improve the effectiveness and value of sales interactions with clients and brokers. Work with IT to ensure key metrics and other data related information is available to the Sales Organization through the CRM application. Support ad hoc and project based reporting and analytics needs (benchmark light, incentive comp planning, broker business reviews, business planning, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with IT and other internal departments to acquire and consume key data sources
- Create client facing reports with the input of the sales team
- Be involved in internal sales related projects requiring reporting, specifically business planning and forecasting/projections
- Develop and support client profitability models for Sales
- Develop and support broker performance metrics scorecard and associated reporting
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop key client, broker and sales performance metrics to be delivered via CRM
- Convert complex data from multiple sources into meaningful, professional and easy to understand formats for various audiences
- Assist in the creation of business models to align Incentive comp plans to revenue and membership projections annually
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Required Work Experience
- 2 years of experience working with data and information in an analytical role
- 1 year of experience with Business Intelligence/Data Visualization tools
- 1 year of experience with forecasting and projections related to revenue and business growth objectives
- Required Education
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study
1. Preferred Work Experience
*5 years of experience within the Health Insurance Industry
1 years of experience with Customer Relationship Management applications (MS Dynamics, Salesforce)
2 years of experience working with ERP and Data Lake source systems
- Required Job Skills
- Strong PC proficiency
- Project management skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization applications
- Required Professional Competencies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to understand business requirements and processes and translate them to technical application
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and ensure successful completion of all projects and requests Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively in a 1-1 or group setting.
- Ability to identify issues and drive them to resolution.
- Act with diplomacy and sensitivity with our clients and internal departments.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
Maintain confidentiality and privacy.
Within BCBSAZ and HCA, it is essential that we create a culture of inclusion and opportunity as well as actively guard against bias of any kind. Discrimination and racism are real. Our aim is to empower every member of our team to engage in our mission of improving health for Arizonans. We believe that the power and perspective of diversity and inclusion is in fact, essential to our success in serving clients, achieving our mission and creating a healthy environment for all.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.