Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENTIRETY/LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!
The Housing Specialist for the Supportive Services for Veteran Families program reports directly to the Team Leader when applicable or otherwise the SSVF Program Coordinator and provides housing services in order to reintegrate homeless and at-risk veterans and their families by connecting them to housing and comprehensive support services that will lead them to reaching their highest level of independence. The main function of these programs is to assist homeless and at-risk veterans and their families to obtain and maintain housing.
- Conduct thorough and constant housing assessment of clients changing needs by tracking and reporting their progress in accordance with funding requirements.
- Maintain participant confidentiality at all times.
- Obtain all mandatory housing supporting documentation for case file.
- Conduct rent reasonable testing in accordance with SSVF requirements and ensure documentation is maintained.
- Assist in distribution of temporary financial assistance payments.
- Complete accurate and timely data entry into the HMIS system.
- Coordinate care with SSVF case managers, VA personnel and others on behalf of participants holistic wellbeing.
- Build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with participants and community agencies.
- Develop and maintain collaborations with landlords and property managers.
- Recruit property owners to collaborate in the placements of participants with high housing barriers.
- Transport clients appropriately to resources they require in the community.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.