Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
Applications must be completed in entirety/Local Candidates Only.
The Outreach Specialist/Driver reports directly to the Outreach Coordinator at the site and provides outreach services in order to reintegrate homeless and at-risk veterans by connecting them to housing and comprehensive support services that will lead to them reaching their highest level of independence.
- Visit facilities (i.e. shelters, treatment programs, transitional housing, sober living programs, soup kitchens and other locations where the homeless may congregate to publicize services for homeless veterans).
- Maintain outreach client information database and referrals to the programs. Track veterans referred for program entry and screening appointments.
- Schedule screenings and/or transportation on behalf of veterans with the treatment facilities, Veterans in Progress program, and/or Career Center activities.
- Network with staff at VA to consolidate paperwork needed on each veteran seen by the outreach specialists.
- Produce a weekly report of veterans encountered by the outreach team.
- Assist with mailings of upcoming projects and special events sponsored by the Outreach Team.
- Attend a weekly scheduled Outreach meeting.
- Maintain and submit time sheets, mileage logs and other required documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Drive company vehicle for client transportation or other work-related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.