Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
(ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENTIRETY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERTION/LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
This Licensed Therapist position reports directly to the Director of Behavioral Health and is responsible for providing a range of psychosocial services including community outreach, counseling (individual and group), and referral services as part of a multidisciplinary team for Veterans and service members who are experiencing homelessness.
- Provides clinical therapeutic services (i.e., engages, interviews, assesses, counsels, and educates) to veterans
- Provides individual and group therapy to clients using evidence-based therapies, practices and protocols.
- Establishes and maintains a professional therapeutic relationship with all clients and potential clients.
- Develops initial and ongoing client treatment plans.
- Provides direct clinical intervention services and crisis intervention services to clients in need.
- Maintains confidential and complete client records to include electronic records management.
- Transitions clients from the therapeutic relationship using clinically-based protocols.
- Coordinates and collaborates client services with the VA and other community clinicians as appropriate.
- Oversees curricula for all Clinical Treatment modality groups (substance abuse and mental health).
- Follows proper clinical protocols on client referrals for needed services.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Director is responsible for implementing and maintaining a therapeutic living environment at the site.
- Ensures adherence to clinically-based protocols.
- Maintains office hours that are conducive to client needs, and an office environment that is conducive to therapeutic effectiveness.
- Ensures programmatic compliance with all State licensure requirements.
- Ensures that all services are provided per grant requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
Ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding of:
- Mental health counseling principles, practices, and applications to include military cultural competency (e.g., PTSD, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse)
- Psychosocial assessment modalities, principles, and practices
- Networking, partnership building, outreach, and public speaking
- Crisis intervention and disruptive behavior management (e.g., responding to threats of self-harm or hostility toward others)
- Educational and vocational counseling principles, practices, and applications (e.g., employability and employment stability)
- File documentation practices and electronic records management
- Community resources
- Federal regulations and policies (e.g., HIPAA, Privacy Acts, and professional ethics)
- Maintains professional standards and demeanor, including the confidentiality of client data and other sensitive information.