Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
To handle all incoming phone calls and dispatch hot-shot request in a timely and orderly fashion in order to best meet the needs of our dealers in most efficient manner possible.
- Handle All incoming phone calls in a professional manner and dispatch hot-shot request in the most timely and orderly fashion. 25%
- Manage hot-shot drivers in a manner that will deliver the best and most efficient hot-shot service possible. 25%
- Wait on and handle all walk-in customers by providing each and every customer with courteous service and information to satisfy their battery need(s). 25%
- Handle and balance invoices generated. 15%
- Follow-up with largest customers weekly to ensure customer satisfaction and battery supply is adequate. 10%
- Basic computer skills and ability to utilize the internet
- Good knowledge of the geographical area
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Previous experience in telephone and dispatch operations is a plus.
Strong interaction with office personnel, Team Leader, General Manager and dealer personnel.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, talk and hear, stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move 50+ lbs.
- May be exposed to battery warehouse conditions such as exposure to moving equipment mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.