Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
This position reports directly to the Program Coordinator or Program Manager of U.S.VETS. Case Manager II is responsible for providing guidance to veterans to achieve their highest level of independence. Case management is a collaborative process which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the selection of services to optimally meet each individual clients' needs.
For Case Managers of all U.S.VETS Programs:
- Assesses veterans referred to the program to include any problems, needs, or barriers identified in the following areas: Housing, Employment, Education/Training, Financial, Sobriety Support/Addiction Treatment, Legal, Family/Social, and Medical/Psychiatric
- Coordinates care with VA personnel and other community partners on behalf of clients to for eligibility documentation, mental and physical health services.
- Facilitates client intake process and compiles client files ensuring all program eligibility documentation is complete
- Collaborates with clients to complete Individual Action Plans (IAP)
- Maintains confidential client files in a professional and timely manner ensuring all forms are the most recently revised versions and in compliance with organization standards; all required documents are present, complete, signed by the client and staff as applicable; and documents are placed in the correct order according to organization standards
- Meets with clients as specified by program requirements and documents progress notes in Data/Assessment/Plan (DAP) format
- Reviews and documents updates for IAPs on a monthly basis
- Completes timely discharge summaries
- Conducts home visits (whether at project-based units or scattered site) to provide case management services and ensure health and welfare of clients
- Assists in quality management activities, data collection, and preparing reports
- Facilitates client life skills classes
- Provides specialized case management services and life skills groups/classes to veteran subpopulations as applicable (such as female veterans, disabled veterans, Iraq/Afghanistan veterans, etc.)
- Conducts random drug and alcohol screenings of clients
- Maintains confidentiality in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Completes accurate and timely data entry into the HMIS system as applicable and other required internal and external databases
- Documents client referrals for services
- Attends scheduled team meetings and trainings
- Maintains and submits time sheets, mileage logs, client expenses, and other required documentation accurately and in a timely fashion
- Performs other duties as required
Additional Program-Specific Duties:
U.S.VETS has various programs in which a Case Manager may be assigned to, including Transitional Housing, Permanent Housing, Workforce, and Supportive Services for Veteran Families, that have additional program-specific duties as outlined below.
- For Case Managers working with Transitional Housing Clients:
- Focuses on providing case management services that result in clients transitioning to permanent housing
- Ensures clients are accounted for daily through contact, bed check, and/or daily sign-in logs
- Monitors program rent/participant fee compliance to assist clients in prioritizing housing
- Additionally, for programs with scattered-site transitional housing such as the Transition In Place (TIP) Program, locates housing units in the community that meet clients' needs
- For Case Managers working with Permanent Housing Clients:
- Focuses on providing case management services that result in clients obtaining and maintaining permanent housing
- For programs with scattered-site permanent housing, locates housing units in the community that meet clients' needs
- For programs that serve families with dependent children, ensures that children and youth are enrolled in school and connected to the appropriate services within the community, including early childhood education programs
- For Case Managers working with Workforce Clients:
- Assists with Workforce Program Assessment and Enrollment processes
- Works with clients to develop an Individual Employment Development Plan; assesses, alleviates, and reduces any barriers to employment; assists the veteran with the planning of short-term and long-term employment goals to include education and training goals
- Provides individualized assistance to clients in developing cover letters, resumes and obtaining other supportive services.
- Facilitates groups or classes, i.e., Job Placement, Job Retention, Employment Barriers, Computer Skills, Motivation, Money Management, etc.
- Makes presentations of clients' employment backgrounds to prospective employers.
- Learns and maintains knowledge of community employment agencies and procedures, along with any modifications to those procedures.
- For Case Managers working with SSVF Clients:
- May report directly to the SSVF Team Leader if applicable
- Conducts rapid rehousing and homeless prevention services for veterans and their families
- Works with clients to develop a Housing Stability Plan
- Provides case management services to family members in the veteran household
- Conducts home visits to provide case management services
- Ensures that dependent children are enrolled in school and connected to the appropriate services within the community, including early childhood education programs
- Maintains compliance with VA regulations and organization protocols in requesting and distributing Temporary Financial Assistance to third-parties on behalf of veteran households to include cross-referencing HMIS
- Assists in rapidly placing homeless veteran families into housing
- Conduct Rent Reasonableness Testing and ensure Habitability Standards are met for veteran families rental units
- Coordinates with VA Grant & Per Diem Transitional Housing Programs for immediate placement of clients and case manages them while they are on the Rapid Rehousing Track of the program
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS (WHICH INCLUDES APPLICATIONS WITH SEE RESUME STATEMENTS) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.