LOCATION: The Salvation Army
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in a field related to marketing/public relations.
- Must have five years of progressively responsible experience in community relations and/or marketing, preferably in a not-for-profit and/or fitness environment.
- Must have at least five years' experience in web-based graphic design or web interface design. Knowledge of XML, HTML, delimited file formats and Internet protocols and security.
- Must have excellent computer skills familiar with Word, Excel, Publisher, Korel Draw, and/or appropriate desktop applications.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to carry out multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Must maintain a philosophy of education and child development which is consistent with that of The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.
- Must possess the ability to supervise staff and participants of varying educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to develop and administer a marketing budget.
- Certification by and participation in The Salvation Army's Fleet Safety Program on an annual basis.
- Must be a person of high integrity and willing to support and promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Successful background check required.
- May be required to work flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Plan, develop, and execute a Public Relations Plan for The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center that will include:
- Regular and effective media contacts.
- Regular and effective name recognition of RJKCCC.
- Coordinate the photography all RJKCCC related events and programs, both on-site and off-site.
- Distribute and archive images.
- Assist in the development of an annual marketing budget and monitor costs and expenses of the public relations program to stay within budget guidelines.
- Develop and report on performance measures to rate the effectiveness of marketing plans.
- Plan, develop, and execute a Public Information Program for RJKCCC to include:
- Coordination of the production and distribution of comprehensive program guides in both print and electronic formats, at least four times annually.
- Approval of venue plans for production and distribution of program specific brochures.
- Planning, supervision, and approval of production and distribution of PSA's and news releases.
- Assist RJKCCC program managers in the development of their programs, through coordinating and centralizing efforts, to include the following:
- Working cooperatively with program managers in the planning and promotion of new and existing programs.
- Formal development and revision of a Marketing Plan for RJKCCC as a whole, updated annually or more frequently if necessary, that embodies a multilateral approach to reaching new markets.
- Generate corporate sponsorships, alliances, and community partnerships that will benefit the RJKCCC.
- Represent RJKCCC in community-based meetings and committees and participate in public forums as assigned by RJKCCC Director.
- Supervise staff assigned to venue marketing support and guidance for the facility to develop specific marketing plans that will include:
- Promotion of each revenue-generating room of the RJKCCC, with the purpose of providing operational and developmental income for all programs.
- Ensuring that program managers accurately contribute to a master calendar of all regularly scheduled and special events held at RJKCCC.
- Approval of all narrative, style, and design work as fitting with the mission of The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.
- Develop and oversee the official RJKCCC web site including the following:
- Stylish presentation of RJKCCC in a user-friendly home page environment, with easy linking to programs and events.
- Maintenance of the RJKCCC website to ensure that content and information is accurate, up-to-date, and made accessible to the public in the marketing of all programs, activities, and events.
- Comprehensive program information is updated and maintained on a weekly basis.
- Provide regular reporting, both verbally and in presentation format, on all of the above activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Marketing Manager.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)