LOCATION: Tucson Hospitality House - 1002 N. Main Ave
STATUS: FT/40 hrs/wk
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Administration or related field with some practical experience in public relations and events coordination
* Understanding of the history, mission and ministry of The Salvation Army
* Expert knowledge and computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator as well as Social Media and Web software
* Effective/persuasive verbal communication skills
* Effective and concise writing skills
* Website management knowledge
* Person of high integrity
* Able to work irregular hours, holidays, and respond to crisis or deadline on short notice
* Must have the ability to work with the public
* Valid Arizona Driver's License
* Able to pass background check
* Coordinate all public relations aspects of activities, marketing events, emergencies or breaking stories, supporting all local units
* Prepare and distribute fact sheets, news release, photographs, scripts, video/audio recordings to media representatives, other groups who may be interested in learning about or publicizing TSA events, programs, etc.
* Facilitate, create and develop new and ongoing special events and programs that provide services, resources/donations to help the community, create goodwill, education and positive networking and volunteerism in the community
* Submit or facilitate articles, stories and information pieces to The Salvation Army publications and external media outlets on a regular basis
* Cultivate/develop close working relationships with media representatives/outlets
* Field all media inquiries, including interviews and on-air sound bites, follow leads as requested
* Coordinate production of marketing materials and presentations
* Act as managing editor for all publications, including website development and updating, social media and email marketing plans
* Promote goodwill and community awareness through such publicity efforts as speeches, social and business gatherings etc.
* Create and manage projects relating to Statewide, regional or nationally designated program, activities, and promotions
* Work with Area Coordinators to promote and plan annual luncheon/dinner, award and holiday events, designating catering arrangements, invitations special guests, and speakers
* Prepare reports as required, both internal and external
* Arrange and plan taking of photos/video at TSA events, fund-raisers
* Create and manage a public relations plan for TSA Tucson
* Develop and implement an intern or volunteer program/projects with University of Arizona, Pima College or education facilities
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.