The Service Technician is responsible for providing maintenance and repairs to existing interior and exterior signs, awnings, banners, retrofit, ballasts, and other lighting related product.
ESSENTIAL DUITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drives company vehicles to remote job sites
• Performs preventative maintenance on customer lighting and signage
• Works closely with Service Manager and/or Service Coordinator to document and complete work orders
• Reads blueprints, drawing, and technical manuals to proper troubleshoot lighting issues
• Work in an efficient and safe manner abiding by all company safety policies, OSHA standards and ordinances
• Other duties are required in support of the department and company
• High School diploma or GED
• Journeyman Electrician license is a plus
• Must have a valid State driver license with record that meets company insurance requirements
• Must be able to obtain and maintain DOT Medical Certification
• CDL preferred
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time; flexible schedule required
• Ability to operate heavy equipment including aerial lift, scissor lift, etc.
• Good mechanical aptitude, proficiency in use of hand and power tools, etc.
• Proficiency being able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and models
• Good verbal and written communication skills; understand, speak, read, and write in English language
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Experience with signs and sign installation techniques are preferred
• Drivers are subject to random drug and/or alcohol screenings in compliance with DOT regulations